Sunday, August 31, 2008

Golden Voice

I was watching Celine Dion's concert on ntv7 this afternoon. Damn, she looks good! I've always loved her voice ... and I am glad to crown these few other singers that i believe own incredibly super voice - Mariah Carey (totally unbeatable), Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin, Patti LaBelle, Brian McKnight, the late soul star Luther Vandross, George Michael and a lot more.

I'm not saying our local singers are not good. We have some, who are really good - the fastest rising queen of jazz Noryn Aziz, Sean Ghazi (apparently he's my cousin - yes, first cousin), Datuk Siti Nurhaliza, Jaclyn Victor, Sheila Majid, Atilia Haron and Salamiah Hassan (daughter-mother), Melissa Indot, and etc.

Why am I talking about this? Well, firstly because I have passion in singing and secondly is because of my concern in our entertainment industry that drives me to just write anything I want. *I love blogging already* :-)

I am proud to say that our entertainment industry is improving (okay, maybe not in album-selling) but as a whole, I am saying in terms of the quality of the singers. The birth of new singers such as Noryn Aziz, Sean Ghazi, Atilia Haron, has added some colours to our industry and it is with great hope that one day it will be as good as the international industry. let us pray hard for this! to be frank, I am also dreaming of being a part of the industry. :-) there is nothing wrong with that right! :-)

I myself used to take vocal class for about a month. Just wanted to feel what it is like. :-) my vocal class was in Learn-To-Sing Centre in Taman Tun Dr Ismail. And my vocal teacher was a Philipino. A lot of things to learn - the voice projection, and how to sing effortlessly .. Not easy, but it's good to just enrich my knowledge in vocal. :-) I am still looking for a great vocal teacher - I was thinking of Noryn Aziz, but i know that she's super busy ... as for now, I need a lot of exposure in stage performance - just a note to everyone, I do perform at weddings, events, and i do back-up singing too. i start small - who knows that one day i might just be the next Mariah Carey ... *think big, think big* :-)

Imagine the headline - 'Mel Mohsen, a newcomer with a golden voice'
LOL!

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish all the Muslim in the world ... Selamat Berpuasa.


3 comments:

shoe-addict-mom said...

Mel, have a blessed Ramadhan! ;)

Porcelina said...

you can be anyone you want darling..but it's better if you just be yourself

mrsgr8zx22 said...

i'be ur first supporter my dearest MEL- its me kak lynda